This tutorial takes a brief tour of all the buttons and functions in the editor toolbar, which is used when editing posts, pages, and more in WordPress.
If you’ve ever used a text editor like Microsoft Word, then you’ll be right at home with the editor toolbar in WordPress. The buttons across the top of the edit pane allow you to simply format text by highlighting a word or phrase, then clicking the button corresponding with the appropriate format style.
Covered in this tutorial:
- How to use every function in the editor toolbar to format content.
- How to apply bold, italic, or strikethrough formats.
- Inserting bulleted or numbered lists.
- Highlighting text with the blockquote function.
- Aligning text to the left, center, or right.
- Creating and editing text links.
- Using the “More” function to display just an excerpt on the front page.
- The gorgeous, distraction-free full-screen mode.
- Show the second row of buttons with the “Kitchen Sink” button!
- How to paste from Word.
- Toggling between Visual and Text/HTML mode in the editor.
And much, much more…